Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Restrict Connection to Data Base Whit Other Application
Restrict Connection to Data Base Whit Other Application [message #180917] Wed, 05 July 2006 16:27 Go to next message
henryhrcr
Hello there.

I need to implement security to restrict to the users connect to the database whith others applications (that not are the company application).

For example. The users of the Financial System, implemented in Developer Forms 6i, cannot connect to the database using for example, SQL*Plus or Toad Application.

I know there are some triggers : Pre-Logon, On-Logon and Post-Logon, but i do not know how use them and how to implement this.

Have you implemented something similar ?

Thank you for your help.

Bye.
Re: Restrict Connection to Data Base Whit Other Application [message #180933 is a reply to message #180917] Wed, 05 July 2006 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>cannot connect to the database using for example, SQL*Plus or Toad Application
Not possible.
All i need to do is, rename sqlplus.exe to someting.exe and i can login.
If you want to really secure your database, secure the data (using privs/roles/encryption/virtual private database whatever that applies for you).
Re: Restrict Connection to Data Base Whit Other Application [message #181066 is a reply to message #180933] Thu, 06 July 2006 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
henryhrcr
Thank you for your help.

Let me explain, maybe i did not explain good.

Really, i need restrict access to bd to other application different 'MY-APPLICATION' no matter what type of application.

Really, a need to identify my application and in the post-logon trigger.I need to verify if the application is 'My-Application', something like this :

In post logon trigger in data base :

Select Module
Into vcModule
From v$Session
Where audsid = mySession

If vcModule <> 'My-Application' Then
Restrinct Connection ...
End If;

The problem is ... i can not identify my application. I am using Developper 6i ... and when my application start, do not set the v$session.module or v$session.program.

I set using dbms_application_info.set_module in post-logon of the principal form (window), when the program begin, but the problem is the post-logon trigger in data base, where i check the restriction, begins before the post-logon trigger in the form (application), so when i check the application name, it is not set yet.

I need to identify my application using a name for it, for example, 'MY-APPLICATION', but before post-logon trigger in data base was executed.

Thank for your help.
Re: Restrict Connection to Data Base Whit Other Application [message #181069 is a reply to message #181066] Thu, 06 July 2006 10:32 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Ah!. I misunderstood. Apologies.
generally,It should be possible to do something like this
http://www.databasejournal.com/features/oracle/article.php/3321961
I have no idea how this works along with POST_LOGON triggers etc.
Moving the topic developer forums.
Previous Topic: Widening and Shrinking fields in Forms and Auto size (merged)
Next Topic: data from forms to excel.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:21:45 CDT 2024