Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » host/SQL*Loader oddity
host/SQL*Loader oddity [message #176046] Tue, 06 June 2006 10:16 Go to next message
sciolist
Hello,

I'm running Oracle Forms 10.1.2.0.2 on Windows 2003 server. Database is 10.2.0.1.0 on the same windows server.

When I run SQL*loader from the command line on the server it works and loads the correct number of rows into the appropriate table.
sqlldr USERID=scott/tiger@d_test01 CONTROL=e:\wcmc\cites\data\TSD.ctl log=e:\wcmc\cites\data\load.log rows=1 errors=500

When called from a simple test form using host, it does not work.
host('sqlldr USERID=scott/tiger@d_test01 CONTROL=e:\wcmc\cites\data\TSD.ctl log=e:\wcmc\cites\data\load.log rows=1 errors=500');

Am I missing something really obvious? Is host the correct command to use to embed a sqlldr operation into a form?

Thanks,
S

Re: host/SQL*Loader oddity [message #176428 is a reply to message #176046] Thu, 08 June 2006 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gacki
First of all keep in mind that the HOST built-in is always executed on the server!

For windows system I guess that you have to place 'cmd' before the command like this:

host('cmd /C sqlldr USERID=scott/tiger@d_test01 CONTROL=e:\wcmc\cites\data\TSD.ctl log=e:\wcmc\cites\data\load.log rows=1 errors=500');

Gerald
Re: host/SQL*Loader oddity [message #176608 is a reply to message #176046] Thu, 08 June 2006 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You describe the Database machine but you don't describe the Application Server machine.

You say "it does not work". What does it do? Do you get an error message?

David
Re: host/SQL*Loader oddity [message #176736 is a reply to message #176608] Fri, 09 June 2006 06:20 Go to previous message
sciolist
Thanks for the responses.
'cmd /c sqlldr ...' etc fails in a similar way.

We have no proper AS as such. The Forms 'AS' web distribution is installed on the same physical server as the Database machine. Is that bad/dangerous?

Fail symptom is ... absolutely nothing happens. I click the button that has the host command in its WBP trigger. zip, zero, nada.

The UI shows me the graphic of the button being depressed, but no command is run, no logs produced. When that sqlldr command is run from cmd on the AS machine, sqlldr runs as expected producing log files.

Does Forms require additional permissions somehow to access the server directory structure or paths? (Forms_path is set to include location of the sqlldr executable). Attached is my blindingly simple test-form, in case you feel inspired to fiddle with it.
  • Attachment: HOST_TEST.fmb
    (Size: 112.00KB, Downloaded 1013 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 09 June 2006 06:22]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: how to log on to the network database
Next Topic: When_Validate_Item trigerr
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:23:33 CDT 2024