Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » COMPILING FORMS FROM THE COMMAND LINE
icon5.gif  COMPILING FORMS FROM THE COMMAND LINE [message #175772] Mon, 05 June 2006 05:32 Go to next message
ashosheh
hello all....
i'm compiling my .fmb files using the command line format(eg. on linux)

LINUX> frmcmp_batch MYFORM.fmb scott/tiger@TNSNAME COMPILE_ALL=YES.

this command works fine ,, can I use the same command but without using the TNSNAME? I mean using the database server IP address , PORT and SID??????

for example

LINUX> frmcmp_batch MYFORM.fmb scott/tiger@10.1.1.1:1525:SID COMPILE_ALL=YES.

i tried this command but it's not working.

thanx...
Re: COMPILING FORMS FROM THE COMMAND LINE [message #175786 is a reply to message #175772] Mon, 05 June 2006 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aciolac
Here some text that I am finded in Internet, when having similar problem. Text is not analyzed, but I think that will be usefull for You.

How do I specify connection strings in Instant Client mode?
All Oracle net naming methods that do not require use of ORACLE_HOME or TNS_ADMIN (to locate configuration files such as tnsnames.ora or sqlnet.ora) work in the Instant Client mode. In particular, the connect string can be specified in the following formats:

A SQL Connect URL string of the form:

//host:[port][/service name]

such as:

//dbase-server-5:4321/ORDERS

As an Oracle Net keyword-value pair. For example:

"(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp) (HOST=dlsun242)
(PORT=5521))
(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=bjava21)))"

Naming methods that require TNS_ADMIN to locate configuration files continue to work if the TNS_ADMIN environment variable is set.

If the TNS_ADMIN environment variable is not set, and TNSNAMES entries such as inst1, and so on, are used, then the ORACLE_HOME variable must be set, and the configuration files are expected to be in the $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory.

Please note that the ORACLE_HOME variable in this case is only used for locating Oracle Net configuration files, and no other component of Client Code Library (OCI, NLS, and so on) uses the value of ORACLE_HOME.

The bequeath adapter or the empty connect strings are not supported. However, an alternate way to use the empty connect string is to set the TWO_TASK environment variable on UNIX, or the LOCAL variable on Windows, to either a tnsnames.ora entry or an Oracle Net keyword-value pair. If TWO_TASK or LOCAL is set to a tnsnames.ora entry, then the tnsnames.ora file must be able to be loaded by TNS_ADMIN or ORACLE_HOME setting.
Re: COMPILING FORMS FROM THE COMMAND LINE [message #175846 is a reply to message #175786] Mon, 05 June 2006 13:08 Go to previous message
ashosheh
hi.
thank u i solved the problem by using the tnsname description and address list
thanx
Previous Topic: ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified
Next Topic: make the form cannot be updated or insert in it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:46:04 CDT 2024