Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » when i call a new form using new_form it is not displaying some times
when i call a new form using new_form it is not displaying some times [message #175096] Wed, 31 May 2006 14:21 Go to next message
ramanajv1968
Hi,
In my login form it contains USERNAME ,PASSWORD fields.
A user had valid username/password and when he press SIGNIN Button it should show a new form.
So , for this purpuse i wrote the following code on WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger on
SIGNIN Button.
-------when-button-pressed trigger on signin button-----

select 'X' into :global.dummy from sw_login
where swusername = :sw_login.swusername and
swpassword = :sw_login.swpassword;

new_form('c:project\BookInformation',hide,no_replace,no_query_only,'X');
-------------------------------------------------------------------

And my problem is once it showed the new form.But ,some time later i again recompiled the main form.for that moment onwards
it is not displaing the new form .Every thing before first successful attempt and failued attempt remains same.i mean no changes to the code has made.

I am using forms6i and oracle 8.1 ver

Any help in this regards is appriciable,
ramana
Re: when i call a new form using new_form it is not displaying some times [message #175107 is a reply to message #175096] Wed, 31 May 2006 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If this is the whole trigger code, it will fail with NO-DATA-FOUND error when user enters wrong username and/or password. If that's what you did, another form will never show up; you'd get an error in the status line (bottom line of the form window).

To avoid this error, include an exception handler and raise an error when incorrect username/password combination is entered.
Re: when i call a new form using new_form it is not displaying some times [message #175153 is a reply to message #175096] Thu, 01 June 2006 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gacki
This code will not work. You are mixing up with parameters. You use new_form with the parameters that are usually used with call_form. Please, read the online help carefully!

Gerald
Re: when i call a new form using new_form it is not displaying some times [message #175162 is a reply to message #175107] Thu, 01 June 2006 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramanajv1968
Thanks for u r prompt response.
Assume the user entered a valid user name and password and pressed signin button then.....

I deleted the to_savepoint option from "new_form" and compiled once and then again i used to_savepoint option in the "new_form" and compiled again this time surprisingly i am able to see the new form.
Actually what is going behand?
Re: when i call a new form using new_form it is not displaying some times [message #175257 is a reply to message #175162] Thu, 01 June 2006 07:37 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
It could be the old Ctrl-K then Ctrl-T not being enough but you need to do a Ctrl-Shft-K then Ctrl-T.

David
Previous Topic: Diffrent actions in Tab & Enter Key
Next Topic: Failed to query data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:47:05 CDT 2024