Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » FRM-10043 - OLB file corrupted ?
FRM-10043 - OLB file corrupted ? [message #169603] Thu, 27 April 2006 13:20 Go to next message
anamaria_fratila
Hello,
I'm in big trouble, since I can't use any of the forms I've created in the last 3 weeks. I'm embarassed to say that I haven't made any backup for more than a week. I've learned my lesson now.

Here's my problem:
I have some forms and an object library aaa.olb. All the forms contain objects from aaa object library. I added a new object to the object library and when I wanted to save the modifications I got the error :"Oracle Forms Designer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." and Forms Builder was closed.
Now, any attempt to reopen those forms or the object library leads to FRM-10043 error message.
There's nothing I can do without the object library and Forms Builder says it can't open the file aaa.olb

I'm using Oracle Forms Version 10.1.2.0.2

Please help me with any suggestions.
Ana-Maria.

Re: FRM-10043 - OLB file corrupted ? [message #169936 is a reply to message #169603] Sun, 30 April 2006 20:13 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Convert the olb to xml. Then try converting it back to olb, it may work. If not, use a good flatfile editor (eg TextPad) and look for a 'short' line that contains only the 'tag' and 'end tag' pair, in other words, a 'null' object. Once you have found it, delete the line, save, and convert back to olb.

Then, create a reference fmb, put your olb bits and pieces into it, and ONLY do the changes into the fmb and THEN drag ALL the bits and pieces, which should be object groups in your fmb, into the olb. Do NOT, repeat, do NOT do your maintenance in the olb as you will lose the inheritance in your visual attributes, etc.

David
Previous Topic: full screen menu
Next Topic: master-detail relationship
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:22:53 CDT 2024