Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » The Problem with the access key on a push button
The Problem with the access key on a push button [message #165612] Fri, 31 March 2006 01:22 Go to next message
aditya_gangadharam

hi all,

in my form i have two text boxes and two buttons.
I have the restriction on both the text boxes as they cannot be empty(Note this is a runtime restriction not to make the required property yes in the property pallet) so i have kept the when-validate-item and there on the Button2(i.e., cancel i have the access key as 'C') if i press Alt-C by kepping the second text box blank i am getting the message as the text box require the value and the form remain in the same state, this should not happen the button press even should be fired as the button press regular functionalities are happening which is the right thing to do. how to make the Alt-C work same as the button press.

thanks in regards.,

aditya.
Re: The Problem with the access key on a push button [message #165843 is a reply to message #165612] Mon, 03 April 2006 01:17 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
At the beginning of your button trigger code make the two items non-mandatory so that the form does not complain about the empty field.

David
Previous Topic: hard disk serial no
Next Topic: how to use ocx file and it's dll files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:23:29 CDT 2024