Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » master detail block question
master detail block question [message #164748] Sat, 25 March 2006 05:41 Go to next message
haitham
hi... am a beginner in database developing
i made a master data block and detail data block using the join relationship in a form, and what i need is that when i type the primary key value in the master data block then the referenced foreign key values will be displayed in the text items of the detail data block..
i think this issue is related with the on_populate_details trigger...wot trigger or built ins to use to do that ? ,, plz help ...
thanks alot ..

[Updated on: Sun, 26 March 2006 03:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: master detail block question [message #164796 is a reply to message #164748] Sun, 26 March 2006 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If you followed the Wizard and did it correctly, there's nothing futher you should do. Oracle will take care of it.

While in master block, enter all the required data.
Go to detail block.
Fields that make a master-detail relationship will be automatically populated.
Re: master detail block question [message #164846 is a reply to message #164748] Mon, 27 March 2006 00:55 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please search this forum for 'master detail'. There are numerous threads.

Short answer: create master block, create detail block, create the 'relations' between the master and detail block, populate primary key of the master block in its When-Create-Record trigger, define primary key field of 'detail block' as being a 'copy of' the primary key of the master block (this is an item level property), populate secondary key of the detail block in its When-Create-Record trigger.

David
Previous Topic: Exit Form problem
Next Topic: trigger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:31:58 CDT 2024