Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form6i form calling an other form
Form6i form calling an other form [message #162252] Thu, 09 March 2006 07:12 Go to next message
archie60
Is it possible to call an other Oracle Forms6i form while editing the first? I'm making a program, that goes automatically to an other form if the value examined is not right. This is done in block's pre-update -trigger. The form opens right but when I try to edit and make some changes, comes an error, FRM-40303, calling form has unapplied changes. How can I commit the form before calling another or rollback changes so that I can make some changes in an other form.
Re: Form6i form calling an other form [message #162353 is a reply to message #162252] Thu, 09 March 2006 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I would recommend that the called form be programmed only to return the correct value for the field in the first form via a global or database variable, and that the call be done in the When-Validate-Item trigger, not the pre-update. The When-validate-item trigger can handle unrestricted builtins, and Call_form is an unstricted procedure.

David
Re: Form6i form calling an other form [message #162380 is a reply to message #162353] Fri, 10 March 2006 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
archie60
Thank You for your answer. The problem is that I don't need to return any value. It would be very nice if my customer could update some value on the update form automatically if it's for example higher than some percent value. But maybe I have to figure out something else because of the limitations of the pl/sql-language.
Re: Form6i form calling an other form [message #162672 is a reply to message #162380] Mon, 13 March 2006 00:15 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I don't think there is a limitation with the PL/SQL language. The problem is that if you have two forms trying to update the same data at the same time you will getting blocking locks. This is a GOOD thing, otherwise, if there was no blocking lock, when you returned from updating the value in the second form, and saved the value in the first form, it would over-write the corrected value.

I suggest that you just pass the 'agreed value' to the first form and let the standard processing of the first form do the saving into the database for you.

David
Previous Topic: error trapping help
Next Topic: Function Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:40:33 CDT 2024