Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » 10g Forms Deployment in AS Issue
10g Forms Deployment in AS Issue [message #162156] Thu, 09 March 2006 00:40 Go to next message
nirmalnarayan
I have developed certain Forms in 10g Developer suite, which our client is deploying in the remote Application Server environment, which we don't have access.

Everything is working fine in the local Developer suite environment. But after deploying this forms in remote 10g AS, many things does'nt work, when the user tries to access the forms from a client machine, for eg. the messages are not getting displayed in Message box instead it is displaying in the status bar,

and there is one form in which we have a button to export the details on the form to a Excel sheet, this is done using ole2.create_object function to create the Excel application. The system gets hanged on this line and is just not working after this line where we try to create the Excel application.

This functionality works in 10gDS environment but not when accessed through a client machine in a 10gAS environment.

Any one have any idea is this due to we created the forms in 10g Developer suite and deployed in 10g AS. Does it need to be redeveloped in 10g AS for this functionalities to work ?

Regards,

Nirmal
Re: 10g Forms Deployment in AS Issue [message #162171 is a reply to message #162156] Thu, 09 March 2006 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Yes.

David
Re: 10g Forms Deployment in AS Issue [message #162177 is a reply to message #162171] Thu, 09 March 2006 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nirmalnarayan
So does it mean that i cannot develop in 10g Developer suite environment at all, if i want to deploy them in 10g AS environment. Anyway from 9i onwards Oracle forms does have Web interface only. So it should work right?

The normal functioning of Forms in both environment are same and is working normally in both environments.

But only some of the functionalities(as explained earlier, i.e., messages, ole2.create_object are failing in 10g AS - is there any other function that i replace with ole2.create_object in 10g DS and make it work in 10g AS).

Thanks and Regards,

Nirmal.
Re: 10g Forms Deployment in AS Issue [message #162347 is a reply to message #162177] Thu, 09 March 2006 17:55 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Problems occur because many installations develop Forms on a Windows platform and deploy on a Linux/Unix platform. The object code is different therefore you have to copy the 'source' objects from the windows environment to the Linux environment and then recompile them there. A common error in Forms it to NOT remove the path when attaching a PLL to a Form. You have to take the NON-default option of 'remove path' otherwise if the directory structure (or platform) on the AS box is different to the DS box you will get an error. Also, please correct me if I am wrong, but OLE2 only runs on Windows platforms, so if you are deploying on a Linux AS that is another problem to be solved. Also the AS has quite different configuration issues to the Ds box.

Tell us your configuration and the exact problems you are having and we can supply more details.

David
Previous Topic: 10g Forms Menu Error
Next Topic: Using unix commands in forms9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:28:08 CDT 2024