Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ......... EMAIL ISSUE
......... EMAIL ISSUE [message #157596] Fri, 03 February 2006 08:43 Go to next message
orcl_dba
Hi all
its a troubling issue which i want to discuss here as i have never worked on this before.

I have a Form which dispalys the Requests of the users.
the form contains USERID, parameter name, old value, proposed value and date.

Currently the Users are using a word document to make requests and then EMAIL the Form to another OFFICE where the request is implemented

I have converted the MANUAL system to ORACLE SYSTEM and made a SIMILAR Form like the one they are already using.
THE only problem is that how can i give functionality that my users will EMAIL the specific Form , through the APPLICATION.
and also that CAN I attatch an EXCEL FILE into my ORacle Forms.
and both can be send via EMAIL.
Because if this is done it would be a real help.
THE people in the other office are not using the application at all

they dont want to use the APPLICATION at all.

so they want to recieve requests in EMAIL etc..

KINDLY tel me how to GIve EMAIL functionality in my Forms and also the functionality to attatch anything with my Forms.. like an excel file or a word document...

kindly reply urgent i doubt whether somebody has really worked on it or not.. cuz at least i havent heard about it

thnx alot for the reply...
Regards

Re: ......... EMAIL ISSUE [message #158196 is a reply to message #157596] Wed, 08 February 2006 23:41 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Why attach the data as an excel spreadsheet? Why not have them do data entry into the data base via the form and then give them an 'email' button which actually uses either 'utl_smtp' or 'utl_mail' to retrieve data from the database, format it the way you want, and then use the database email server to send it.

Search 'email file' and find http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/157116/67467/?srch=email+file#msg_157116 which asked about email and excel, with a reference to 'dde' and http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/147671/67467/?srch=email+file#msg_147671 which refers to the two utl packages mentioned above.

David
Previous Topic: What is the easy way to debug ??
Next Topic: Not updating record
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:35:16 CDT 2024