Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form Error
Form Error [message #156777] Fri, 27 January 2006 12:51 Go to next message
Safeeq.S

Hi,

Whenever i open a form, form builder is throwing an error like "ifbld60.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.

An error log being created."

I am getting this error very frequently. I dont have any idea why i am getting this error also. Can anyone help on this??

Cheers
Safeeq

Re: Form Error [message #156784 is a reply to message #156777] Fri, 27 January 2006 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RJ.Zijlstra
We had the same in our shop. Also more of these nice -almost untraceble- errors.
It turned out that 3 of us were working with Forms 5.0.8.1
and 1 was working with 5.0.10.1 (more or less these numbers, do not exactly remember), so when #1 made a form, and one of the others opened it, you could (sometimes!!!) get this effect.

The point is, that with such a 'small' patch difference, it almost always goes ok, but of course there are differences between the two versions, you sometimes get some lovely surprises.

And of course after checking this, then 'what version are my clients using?' might be a very good idea also.

HTH,
Re: Form Error [message #156898 is a reply to message #156784] Sun, 29 January 2006 17:53 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Did you recently upgrade your Forms version?

I suggest that recompile and regenerate ALL your menus, libraries, then forms. I expect that that will remove the problem. By the way, are you talking about a Development or Production environment? Do you have attached libraries? Did you use the non-default option to remove the directory path when you attached them to your form? Have you moved your application and not updated your FORMS90_PATH? Are you using 9i?

David
Previous Topic: Oracle Form Default Fonts on Unix
Next Topic: poplute list
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:56:06 CDT 2024