Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Please Help
Please Help [message #148842] Mon, 28 November 2005 10:06 Go to next message
gtrecart

Hi all, any assistance will be gratly appreciated. I am working off an Oracle form. On that form I have a push button that deletes the record displayed on the screen. Behind the button I have PL SQL that is basic delete table where dept = :dept and account = :account. However I keep getting a deadlock error when I execute the code. I tried to pass the dept values through assigned varialbles, but I am getting the same error. Any Ideas?

Thanks
George Trecarten
gtrecart@hotmail.com
Re: Please Help [message #148866 is a reply to message #148842] Mon, 28 November 2005 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Forms is the proper forum for these questions...

But, you cannot delete the current record with a delete DML statement in a trigger. You have to use something like DELETE_RECORD (if I recall my forms commands).

Either make a NULL block with the values so you can use a DELETE DML statement, or use the DELETE_RECORD command. I'd go with the NJULL block, since you are deleting more than one row and the other way will cause off kinds of problems trying to find the rows that aren't the current row.
Re: Please Help [message #150038 is a reply to message #148842] Tue, 06 December 2005 01:28 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you solved your problem?

David
Previous Topic: Clear Cursor Block
Next Topic: update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:27:43 CDT 2024