Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Clear Blocks
Clear Blocks [message #132320] Thu, 11 August 2005 21:15 Go to next message
swchen
Good morning,Mr.David...me swchen again here..i faced the problem with the oracle form builder again.My problem are like that, now have 2 blocks and have the relationship between this 2 blocks, when i put the mouse cursor at the primary key(field name=JNL_NO) for master record block and then click the insert button at smart bar there. Suppose the result i expected are all field in the master record and detail record are clear. But i find the detail record have 1 field still reserve the 1 record(the field reserve record are the JNL_NO). why will like that??if i click the button under the smart bar-->action-->clear all then all the field will clear all the record..Hope Mr.David can help...Thanks
Re: Clear Blocks [message #132321 is a reply to message #132320] Thu, 11 August 2005 21:30 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I think you are saying that you have the JNL_NO appearing in both the master and detail block displays. I assume that your relationship between the two blocks uses this JNL_NO to associate the master and detail records together.

Confirm that when you have records in the master block the correct detail records are appearing in the detail block. However, when you are in the master block and press the insert button there is a single record being displayed in the detail block and its JNL_NO field contains the value '1' and all other fields are clear. Is this correct?

My quick answer is "don't worry about it" and consider NOT showing the JNL_NO in the detail block display. The user must not enter it during record creation and probably should not change it during record maintenance. To move a detail record to another master record normally involves a programmed 'move', not a user data change 'move'.

David
Previous Topic: populating_group error???help??
Next Topic: Can we use windows date instead of sysdate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:33:28 CDT 2024