Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » added items cause form irregularities
added items cause form irregularities [message #123031] Thu, 09 June 2005 10:50 Go to next message
kirchoff

hey all,

I have a multi-tab, multi-block form. On one tab there's 4 blocks.
(don't ask I didn't design it)

I'm adding a field (last_update_date) non-visible, non-navigable.

when I leave the block with that new field and go back to it I can't edit any of the other fields where I could before.

any ideas????????????

Thanks,
Alan
Re: added items cause form irregularities [message #123552 is a reply to message #123031] Mon, 13 June 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I would guess that these four blocks are controlled by a set of relationships from a higher block or are each based on a parameter that has been passed in to the form. Not that unusual.

What are you intending to do with this new field 'last_update_date' which is non-visible, non-navigable? Do you mean non-enterable, non-navigable? Have you given it a canvas? If not, try giving it a canvas. Is there anything in the database triggers or packages about this field? Is it a new field to your table or an existing one that the user wants displayed?

Look for set_item_property commands concerning the other fields. There may be a loop that turns them 'on' and then turns them 'off', and by adding one more field the 'on' loop is not navigating to the 'existing' fields properly.

David
Re: added items cause form irregularities [message #123693 is a reply to message #123552] Tue, 14 June 2005 08:38 Go to previous message
kirchoff

I thought I had posted my solution on this thread. Guess not, must have been another one.

The update columns are there for house-keeping. Telling who updated this record last and when.

What happened was it was being populated in the form and there was also a trigger on the table doing the same thing.

It is weird that that caused the form to behave differently.

Thanks for your help.

-Alan
Previous Topic: How to align button label to left?
Next Topic: FormLauncher error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:37:18 CDT 2024