Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » "DML RETURNING VALUE" property not returning value with Oracle 9.2
"DML RETURNING VALUE" property not returning value with Oracle 9.2 [message #85684] Wed, 21 July 2004 02:33 Go to next message
Nayan Pandya
Hi Friends,

We have recently migrated  from Oracle 8i(8.1.5) to Oracle 9i(9.2.0) on HP UX 11.00 platform.

Everything went fine except that in Application Forms which we have already developed & were working OK with Oacle 8i are now not working with Oracle 9i.

The problem description is given below.

1. Many of the forms [[Forms 6.0]] are developed with Block level Property "DML Returning Value" set to YES.
2. Triggers to generate code is written at backend in Header Block table [[Say TAB_HEAD]]
3. Form is created with Header-detail Block [[Say TAB_HEAD & TAB_DETL]] with "DML Returning Value" Block level Property set to YES on Header BLock [[TAB_HEADER]]
4. A new record is inserted in Header block
5. Then If we navigate to Detail BLock & POST the data, It should first generate Code on TAB_HEAD, return that CODE to TAB_HEAD & the same CODE should be synchronized in CODE field of TAB_DETL.
6. THis was working OK with Oracle 8i But is not working with Oracle 9i since no Value is returned in CODE field of TAB_HEAD

I have checked that CODE is generated properly at backend, but is not returned to Header block.

I also noticed that if the same form is run with Oracle 8i,  at the time of POSTING the SQL generated contains RETURNING clause but if it is Executed with Oracle 9i, SQL does not contain "RETURNING" Clause.

Please help me to find the solution as this is very urgent.

ALso do not suggest me to change the forms since it will take months to modify them.

Thanks

Nayan Pandya [[OCP DBA 9i]]
Sr. Programmer
Binani Cement Ltd.

Re: "DML RETURNING VALUE" property not returning value with Oracle 9.2 [message #173556 is a reply to message #85684] Tue, 23 May 2006 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pdequidt
Dear Nayan,

we plan an upgrade from 8i server to 10g release 2 database, using forms 9i, and we run into the same problem... Did you ever got a solution on this?

Thanks for any help,

Peter Dequidt
Belgium
Re: "DML RETURNING VALUE" property not returning value with Oracle 9.2 [message #173580 is a reply to message #173556] Tue, 23 May 2006 04:32 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you google "DML Returning Value" you will find entries like http://www.lazydba.com/oracle/0__103035.html

David
Previous Topic: passing parameters for display only
Next Topic: urgent help needed...!!!!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:43:32 CDT 2024