Home » Server Options » Multitenant » Database Express login as pluggable container
Database Express login as pluggable container [message #621494] Wed, 13 August 2014 14:49 Go to next message
oragami
HI- I am using 12c and cannot connect a user who is under a pluggable dbase container in Database Express. I get an login denied; invalid username/password Error~

User is created properly as when I I can connect in sql plus and Sql Dev as client and I can do selects, etc.

The port default 5501 works for sysdba admin when I https in.

I tried to login in as sysdba & alter my session to the pluggable db.

Then I checked the httpport with a select and it returned null. So i adjusted my init.ora file for listener and dispatcher accordingly to
point to the correct tcp port and restarted OS.

Then when I checked the httpport under the pdb session container as sysdba still no port. Okay so I try an exec command to get set a port to 5501 and voila!!! this happens

error at line 1:
ora-44718 Port conflict in XDB config file!!!

when I connect as CBD$ROOT and alter session I get the httpport listed at 5501 when I check the used port from dual

listener.ora is set up for two listeners as local port - 1521 and an additional port under computer name as 5501

Router is set up to port forward everything

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they make this soooooo complicated... So much time wasted to set things up that should take a minute...mysql where are u??? Mad

Thanks!!!

Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 13 August 2014 14:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Database Express login as pluggable container [message #621496 is a reply to message #621494] Wed, 13 August 2014 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
I bet you that Oracle is correct & you are mistaken.

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

FWIW, above is shown in the listener log file as a successful connection & the ORA-01017 is treated as any other application error.
Re: Database Express login as pluggable container [message #621507 is a reply to message #621496] Wed, 13 August 2014 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oragami
Thanks- I'll keep trying. I forgot to mention I set grant privileges as well, both as basic then a grant all features for Express privilege option. I will try now the create user option logged in as
system in Database Express and see if I grant the 'express option as all' privilege to see if that will work.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 August 2014 20:36]

Re: Database Express login as pluggable container [message #621511 is a reply to message #621507] Wed, 13 August 2014 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
On more than 1 occasion I have seen folks complain about this error only to discover that they were connecting to a database different from the one to which they intended to connect.
Re: Database Express login as pluggable container [message #621512 is a reply to message #621511] Wed, 13 August 2014 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oragami
Right-- I tried differing ports which represent different dbases in express. still no go. I am now trying to create a new dbase with pluggable container thru config wiz which hopefully will set up express access for me as some
local user. That's my hope / dream. i just hope that then IF i get things working i can allow differing users to utilize the simplicity of the express system over web to connect to same dbase but each have a dedicated login and therefore
table schemas & content. Thanks again... will get update to ya hopefully something positive this time, I can then actually sleep. ARGH! Later.
Re: Database Express login as pluggable container [message #621525 is a reply to message #621494] Thu, 14 August 2014 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Quote:
HI- I am using 12c and cannot connect a user who is under a pluggable dbase container in Database Express. I get an login denied; invalid username/password Error~
From the docs:
Quote:
Note:
PDB management with EM Express is available starting with Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (12.1.0.2).
and Quote:
A different HTTPS port must be configured for each CDB and PDB that you want to manage using EM Express.

Are you using the latet patchset, 12.1.0.2?

[Updated on: Thu, 14 August 2014 01:07]

Re: Database Express login as pluggable container [message #621528 is a reply to message #621525] Thu, 14 August 2014 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oragami
Hi- am doing another install try for like 3rd time. This time I am going to not skip updates and try the patch set you suggest. Thanks mil!
Re: Database Express login as pluggable container [message #621529 is a reply to message #621525] Thu, 14 August 2014 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oragami
I am using windows server 2012 and there doesn't seem to be a patch set for windows at the OTN link. Should I just go with 11g instead of 12c to get this working for EM Express features???

Thanks and much obliged!

Cool
Re: Database Express login as pluggable container [message #621531 is a reply to message #621529] Thu, 14 August 2014 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Database Express does not exist for 11.x. Why are you bothered with it? It is only a rather useless GUI.
Re: Database Express login as pluggable container [message #621535 is a reply to message #621531] Thu, 14 August 2014 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oragami
Ok - thanks - won't bother with 11g. Now am stuck on 12.1.0.1 only as a viable option for win 2012 server I guess.
Re: Database Express login as pluggable container [message #621537 is a reply to message #621535] Thu, 14 August 2014 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
If I understand correctly, you are not specifying the correct PDB name while making the connection.

Ok let's do it this way, if you have a user already in PDB, try this connection as an example, user, DB and password you need to replace :

sqlplus scott@pdborcl/tiger

In my case, i am on enterprise edition and I unlocked scott and following is the tns entry :

PDBORCL =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SERVICE_NAME = pdborcl.in.oracle.com)
    )
  )
Re: Database Express login as pluggable container [message #621539 is a reply to message #621512] Thu, 14 August 2014 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
oragami wrote on Thu, 14 August 2014 04:28
i just hope that then IF i get things working i can allow differing users to utilize the simplicity of the express system over web to connect to same dbase but each have a dedicated login and therefore
table schemas & content.
I just noticed the above sentence. You do not need to usable pluggable containers at all for this. You need a simple non-container database. Have you even bought the Multitenant option? You can of course use multitenant-single occupancy for free, but that is little advanced for a beginner. And you don't need it.
Re: Database Express login as pluggable container [message #621603 is a reply to message #621531] Thu, 14 August 2014 14:43 Go to previous message
oragami
Ok John, I reinstalled ORA 12c without PDB and created a user with all privileges and was able to log into EM Express. How can the user execute SQL statements like select, create, etc like in a worksheet mode in EM Express r is that not possible?

Thank you much!
Previous Topic: how to create Pluggable Database on another node
Next Topic: Doubt regarding options in new PDB creation statement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:30:15 CDT 2024